Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dr. James Dobson: Royal Prick & Ex-Power Player

Dobson, pissed because he can't change the rules in the middle of the game and appoint a "real" conservative to be the GOP nominee, has taken his ball and gone home:

But what a sad and melancholy decision this is for me and many other conservatives. Should John McCain capture the nomination as many assume, I believe this general election will offer the worst choices for president in my lifetime. I certainly can't vote for Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama based on their virulently anti-family policy positions. If these are the nominees in November, I simply will not cast a ballot for president for the first time in my life. These decisions are my personal views and do not represent the organization with which I'm affiliated. They do reflect, however, my deeply held convictions about the institution of the family, about moral and spiritual beliefs, and about the welfare of our country.

Yeah, these opinions are my own and don't reflect my organization blah blah blah ...

The really outrageous thing about Dobson's obstinacy is that by saying he's going to sit this one out he is essentially recommending that his followers do the same. Or, to put another way, he's telling people that voting is pointless and that -- at least this time around -- our democracy is not worth participating in. Now, if anyone actually came out and said that they would be criticized to within an inch of his or her life, but Dobson will likely get a pass because, he's just "talking about himself," of course ...

Anyway, it's been a lot of fun, Evangelical voting bloc -- sorry you won't be joining us for the rest of the trip. We'll write you a letter should we ever feel the need to hate on the Gays or something.

No comments: