Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PANIC!!! Everyone, Run For Your Lives!!! We're All Going to Die!!! PANIC!!! PANIC!!!

This mind-blowing quote comes from the soon to be ex-Senator from North Carolina, Richard Burr:

During a speech on the economy last night, [Sen. Richard] Burr related his immediate reaction the week the crisis began.

“On Friday night, I called my wife and I said, ‘Brooke, I am not coming home this weekend. I will call you on Monday. Tonight, I want you to go to the ATM machine, and I want you to draw out everything it will let you take," Burr said, according to the Hendersonville Times-News. "And I want you to tomorrow, and I want you to go Sunday.’ I was convinced on Friday night that if you put a plastic card in an ATM machine the last thing you were going to get was cash.”

What would possess a sitting Senator to relay this story to the public is beyond me.

MORE: Potential campaign theme for Burr's re-election: "Burr '10: When the Going Gets Tough, I Start a'Hoarding."

Maybe there's room for him in Glenn Beck's Panic -- I mean Doom Room ...

1 comment:

CJ said...

Glen Beck's all about the ratings. Hell, he was thrilled when a guest fainted because it would give him a major ratings boost all day long.

He makes shock jock Howard Stern look like a pussy.

Ick.

I have to take a shower now....